Happy New Year!
A new year presents us with the opportunity to begin anew. Whether you are beginning or continuing your graduate studies, I hope 2022 brings you the opportunity to embark on a journey that leads to the career of your choice. During the COVID-19 pandemic, you have shown resolve, dedication, and adaptability. You have inspired our University’s undergraduate students through teaching and have continued service to our state and beyond. Despite all of this, you have continued to conduct research that addresses the grand challenges of our world and is the cornerstone of the research mission of the nation’s first public university. I look forward to working with you this year as you continue your graduate education journey. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to The Graduate School if we can be of service. And, throughout your journey, please take care of yourselves, including both your physical and mental health.
Please note the following resources and updates for spring 2022:
- Be sure to follow the latest COVID-19 guidelines as set forth by Carolina Together, which includes continuing to wear a mask indoors, highlights the importance of receiving the vaccine and a booster shot, and outlines testing guidelines before you return to campus.
- University international travel continues to be restricted. There is also guidance on domestic travel, such as wearing a mask and being fully vaccinated.
- Students will be notified by faculty should there be any approved changes in delivery modes for specific classes. Please work with your department or school if you are teaching a class and need to modify your delivery mode.
- There are a variety of mental health and wellness resources designed to support you during your time as a graduate student.
- The University also has several additional resources to support students—including graduate students. In addition, please don’t hesitate to reach out to The Graduate School if we can be of service.
- Finally, The Graduate School has also redesigned its website to better serve you. We hope you will take a few minutes to look at our new website.
On behalf of everyone in The Graduate School, I wish you all the best for the spring 2022 semester and for the rest of this new year.
The Graduate School