Communications Assistant — The Graduate School
The communications assistant assists the director of communications with the execution of digital and creative strategies that support The Graduate School and its key priorities, including to inform and engage internal and external stakeholders, enhance The Graduate School’s reputation, and support its core values. The assistant directly reports to the director of communications and works eight to 10 hours per week.
- Enhancement of strategic communication plan via digital content creation to promote graduate education, recruitment initiatives, educational programs, research and scholarly activities, and support alumni/donor relations.
- Manage and contribute to editorial calendar for owned media platforms, including social media accounts, e-newsletters, website, YouTube channel, etc.
- Serve as a member of The Graduate School’s working group for communications.
- Collect and analyze data from owned media platforms.
- Adhere to The Graduate School’s branding standards.
- Implement content marketing strategies and explore new, innovative methods of communication targeted to key audiences.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. student/candidate at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Preference given to students with work prior work experience in digital spaces, including in video, social media, public relations, marketing or related fields in order to implement a comprehensive marketing and communications program.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, InDesign, and Photoshop (emphasis on video production).
- Basic to advanced knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Adherence to AP style.
- Experience with content management systems; WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with e-newsletter platforms, audience building and analytics.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work cross-functionally among diverse entities.
- $7,850 per semester; $15,700 for the academic year.
Master’s degree student
- $5,700 per semester; $11,400 for the academic year).
Apply by August 16, 2021
Send a resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Poindexter, director of communications.